Fair Process Notice (FPN)
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY ADVANCED VEHICLE LEASING (STOCKTON) LIMITED, AND BY CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES
When you apply for finance from a credit provider you must provide us with certain personal information which we will share with Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies as this is necessary to help us decide whether to offer you finance.
If you do not provide it to us we may not be able to offer you finance. Your information will be used by us and these agencies as follows:
- We will check records about you and others held by us and by Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies, for e.g. to assess your application for credit and verify identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. The Credit Reference Agencies will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They will supply public information (e.g. information held on the electoral register) as well as shared credit and fraud prevention information. The Fraud Prevention Agencies will use your personal information to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity.
- If you advise us of a director, a spouse or a financial associate, we will link your records together. You must ensure that you have their agreement to disclose their information. Credit Reference Agencies also link your records together. The links will remain on your and their files until such a time as you or they successfully file for a disassociation with the Credit Reference Agencies to break the link.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information or we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass on the information to Fraud Prevention Agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies, which may be publicly-available sources.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or, in limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted by relevant data protection and privacy law.
Our lawful grounds for using your information
When we use your personal information we may be doing so to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate interests; for e.g. to ensure that we provide the most appropriate offers of finance to you, to ensure that our services function correctly, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date. You have certain rights where we use automated decision-making tools to help us decide whether to offer you finance. You can find out more about this and your rights by accessing the privacy notice on our website or by asking the person assisting with your application for a copy.
How to find out more
This is a summary of how your data will be used when you apply for finance from us. If you would like full details about how your information will be used by us, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, including details of your rights in relation to your information, or contact details of the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies, please: